Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Wee Bit of Me

{one} do you collect anything? if so, what and how long have you been collecting? Oh, my goodness, over the years I have collected all kinds of things. Things such as Santa's, thimbles, demitasse cups, and little boy and girl figurines. I did all this collecting thinking that I was doing it for my son and daughter and that one day they would just "delight" in owning it. Well, several years ago it became very apparent to me that I should cease collecting because chances were pretty good that neither one of my children (or the people they married) would be the least bit interested in "my collections."  And, guess what, I was right!  I began ridding myself of the collections and in the process the kids did take a couple of the Santas but a lot of the rest went to the highest bidder on Ebay.  I only collect the small Mark Roberts fairies now and only because they 
are small and easily stored.  It is just way too easy to become a slave to collecting and I refuse to allow that to happen again.


{two} what is one cleaning tip that you swear by? I don't know that this is a tip, but I swear by it anyway and that's the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Oh, my goodness, it is the "be all, do all" of cleaning. I use it to remove spots on carpet, to clean baseboards, clean cabinet doors and you name it.  And, when nothing else will work, Magic Eraser will.

{three} who would you call for bail money? Well, hope I never need it, but guess I'd call Hubby. 


{four} what is one thing you miss about being a kid? The lack of responsibility! Nobody knows how good they've got it when they are kids. If I had it to do over, I'd enjoy it so much more.  Being a grown up can just be very overwhelming at times and I've been one a long time. :o)

{five} name a few of your guilty pleasures. 
Spending time on one of my two computers is one that produces the most guilt for me.  I'm always thinking that I could most probably be using this time in a much better way.
{six} how early do you start your holiday shopping? I don't ever plan when to start my shopping, I just always have my eye peeled when I'm shopping and usually am in full fledged mode by August and finished by October.


{seven} what is a family tradition that you would like to pass on to your significant other/children? I'm not  sure and that really bugs me.  I don't know if you asked either one of my children about a family tradition we have that they would be able to answer that.  We've made a boatload of memories, but just not sure about traditions.
 
{eight} what do you consider your greatest achievement? Being married almost 40 years to the same man and having two great kids, not perfect, but great.  On a spiritual level, accepting Christ as my Savior 51 years ago.


{nine} what do you do to pamper yourself? I have my nails and feet done on a regular basis and occasionally  get a massage.


{ten}
if you were to start your own restaurant, what would it be called? "The Simple Plate" because I'm all about making cooking as simple as possible while still making it as good as possible. Sometimes that is a difficult achievement. ~smile~
Link up to Leigh Ashley for more of "A Wee Bit of Me" questions and answers. It's a fun mid-week meme!
Lea @ CiCis Corner
Lea @ CiCis Corner

Hi there! My name is Lea. I've been wife to the best Hubby for 44 years....Mom to a son and daughter....CiCi to 4 precious Grans....lover of family and friends....enjoy laughter and a good time....shopper....picture taking maniac....maker of delicious fudge....organizational enthusiast....memory maker....Southern Belle...and most importantly.....a Child of the King! Welcome to my little corner!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE the name you would give to your restaurant!

    Thanks for stopping by and visiting me. It's so fun to meet new bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Magic Eraser too! Nothing that it can't clean! enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm with you on the guilty pleasure being the computer, I hadn't even thought of that when I was filling out mine! Guess that's what I get for being on it all day long..lol

    I think its awesome on being married so long, there are many times things change for people after the kids are gone. So I always love hearing about couples being together so long

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so fun to read, Lea! I hope that someday I can say that I became a Christian 51 years ago.

    I also love that you have been married for 40 years - what advice would you give us newlyweds (almost 7 years)?

    Also love those Magic Erasers but don't scrub - I've taken paint off the walls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some good questions... I'm on the lookout now : ). This first post went up quick. I'm trying to hop around to bloggers I know liked the rd. Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved so many of these and laughed out loud...my married son and his wife didn't want my collections I had held for him for all the years...so now I will know with the rest of my children.
    I also enjoyed that your kids might not know what the traditions were...oh, that releases me of guilt.
    Love the married for 40 years and your relationship with Christ...and your children aren't perfect...I needed that one the most today.
    Enjoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, thank you so much for the ever so kind and encouraging comments that you leave me. I am truly grateful.

    Second, I must whole-heartedly ditto the love for the Magic Eraser.

    Third, I truly enjoyed reading your list -- it gave me a glimpse into you!

    Blessings, my blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy getting to know you more through this post. I love the name you have picked out should you own a restaurant. I use to collect tea cups but they just sat around and collected dust. I finally got rid of all but a few. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I guess I have to be a little grateful for your guilty pleasure or else I wouldn't have met you! Loved learning a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! I am so with you on number 4! The little ones are up late and early risers and don't do naps. I only wish they'd realize that when you get older your going to wish to nap and won't be able too.

    Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed reading your answers.

    ~blessings
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit. I love your comments and read each and every one of them and I always try to reply to them. Blessings to you this day!